13 new members joined RTRS in 2021
The Round Table on Responsible Soy Association (RTRS) welcomes 13 new organizations from seven different countries willing to join the Association to participate and collaborate in the multisectorial dialogue on sustainable soy production, trade and use.
New members representing the Industry, Trade and Finance constituency are global food companies BRF S.A. and PepsiCo Inc, from Brazil and United States, respectively; feed producers Mole Valley Feed Solutions Ltd from the United Kingdom, Kemin Industries Inc. from the United States and Skretting Yem Uretim ve Tic, a leading aquaculture feed manufacturer and supplier from Turkey and Centrico Veevoeders B.V., representing feed manufacturers in the Netherlands. In addition, the renowned German supermarket, ALDI Einkauf SE & Co. oHG, joins RTRS.
French producers GAEC NOURY and CUMA de la Vallée de la Trouille, an agricultural cooperative, join RTRS in order to align their work as soy producers to the sustainability principles of the French large retailers they supply and share experiences with other members of the Association.
Also, in order to strengthen their commitment to sustainability and contribute to a responsible soy supply chain, producers Iruña S.A.I.C, Kimex SRL, Agrosoy S.A. from Paraguay, together with Salentein Argentina BV joined the Association and obtained certification against RTRS Standard for Responsible Soy Production
About the new members:
• ALDI Einkauf SE & Co. oHG: The ALDI companies are internationally successful discounters that sell high-quality products at consistently affordable prices in nine European countries. The company´s business model already follows sustainable principles at heart.
• BRF S.A.: is a global food company, but its DNA is 100% Brazilian. It has a team of more than 90,000 people of 98 different nationalities working in points of sale, production plants, distribution centres and offices located in more than 130 countries.
• Centrico Veevoeders B.V.: represents 18 feed producers in the Netherlands. Founded in 1984 by 4 feed manufacturers, Centrico’s core business is the supply of raw materials to the feed industry.
• Kemin Industries Inc.: is a privately held corporation, headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, USA. The company manufactures more than 500 specialty ingredients in the industries of animal nutrition and health, aquaculture, pet food and rendering, human nutrition and health, food technologies, crop technologies and textiles.
• Mole Valley Feed Solutions Ltd: is the second biggest compounder and blender in the United Kingdom. It´s part of Mole Valley Farmers and operates in 56 rural retail locations, comprising Mole Valley Farmers; Mole Country Stores and Farmdirect along with its direct to farm business providing feed, fertiliser and other inputs to the farmers.
• PepsiCo Inc: is a global food and beverage leader with a product portfolio including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales.
• Skretting Yem Uretim ve Tic. A.S. is the world leader in the manufacture and supply of aquaculture feeds. It applies their knowledge of ingredients and nutritional needs of fish and shrimp to develop innovations that provide optimum nutritional value.
• Agrosoy S.A.: Is a company engaged in responsible soybean production, caring for the environment and providing job opportunities to the community of Mcal Francisco Solano Lopez, Department of Caaguazú, where it operates without disregarding the 3 main attributes of sustainable development: environmentally correct, socially adequate and economically viable.
• CUMA de la Vallée de la Trouille: is a cooperative group in the North of France with approximately 100 farmers. The main crop productions are corn, potatoes & sugar beets. As there is more and more demand from the Agroindustry to develop local soy supply chains, the cooperative recently started with soy production.
• GAEC NOURY: is a French dairy farm. Its owner, Damien Lecuir, is the President of Les 3 Vallées Farmers’ Association, which gathers about 150 farmers. It recently started producing soy locally, upon request from clients planning to start soy supply in France.
• IRUÑA SAIC: is a family company focused on supplying high quality seeds, protecting the environment and improving their employee’s well-being. As an RTRS certified producer, the company implements management and control mechanisms that include environmental care, appropriate human resources management and social assistance to entities and members of their community.
• Kimex S.R.L.: A producer that has the mission to develop Agriculture and AgroIndustries in the best possible way to be economically competitive and socially responsible. It strives to be a reference in the market creating and adding value to its products being eco-friendly and also community friendly.
• Salentein Argentina BV: is a Dutch company operating in Argentina and Uruguay engaged in agriculture, livestock and wine production activities, according to the highest quality standards. The company is committed to environmental care and to the well-being of all stakeholders involved in the production process.